Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A sea of opportunity to initiate change



We've traversed the country and landed in beautiful Nova Scotia. Gorgeous scenery, and super people. We can see many opportunities here for us to grow, learn and prosper as a family. Ma & Pa Kettle will be joining us soon for a visit and we are excitedly awaiting their arrival.

On the 'pet front' there are several issues that I think would be interesting to encourage and perhaps enable change in the area. Such as a spay and neuter program, incorporating interest and functionality of the HRM dog licensing system/program, generating interest and excitement regarding the behaviour of dogs (The dominance theory is only a theory) training animal health professionals on safe pet handling and restraint techniques... the ideas are endless as is the need.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder -- do you think it is possible to spearhead some kind of spay and neuter program here? Do you know how other cities got theirs started, like where their funding comes from? What it takes?

On the other hand, do you think my coat is having a good time with Mum and Dad in England? I know I would if I was there!

Lynda said...

I would love to start a mobile Spay and Neuter Program out here and book appointments for different locations and then do the surgeries and the next day you're at another location. Should have lower overhead than a clinic I should pitch the idea to George. I would love to do something like that. The cat overpopulation out here is just mind numbing.

I'm sure you're lovely red coat is having a great time and that Mum is glad to have it with her.

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !