Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sun came out....


The sun made an appearance yesterday. Thank goodness because I think that it has only rained three times on my birthday in 39 years. Not a bad record! Must be a great day to have a birthday.
The sun has disappeared again today and it is supposed to rain some more... ughh!
I think I will go get to the boring and mundane crap that needs to be done and then, if I'm smart, I'll go work on the books for MVPi and then perhaps, (hopefully) have some time left to do some scrapbooking.
Yesterday morning Pam and I were both standing out on the front porch shortly after 7 a.m. and the number of birds out there flying in and out of our tree was unreal. American Goldfinches, robins, 2 humming birds, a young blue jay, some kind of yellow warblers, fancy looking sparrows and a short time later Pam saw a Northern Flicker (wood pecker). It was bizarre like something out of a movie, because the action never stopped.
I was nice to talk to Mum and Dad yesterday, Nana, and Sheryl, we had a good laugh and that's what family is all about right?
I'd better run to the hardware store (in the rain) and pick up one or two things to finish off the wood shed. Yippee. I want to get that done and the shutters painted as well as the mulch in the flower beds - they look kind of silly with the landscape cloth down and nothing on it yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and I'm glad the sun shined for you.

Lynda said...

Thanks George!!

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !