Monday, August 04, 2008

Oh The Rain!!!



I am truly hopeful that this blasted rain is going to stop soon, at least long enough to get outside and get some fresh air. The humidity could take a hike too as far as I am concerned. This weather does nothing for dog training. I was out with my big guy today because there was about 45 minutes where the rain stopped and the sun came out. And I thought PERFECT - let's go do some work buddy!! So I packed my pockets with all the essentials... treats for the new behaviours we're working on and baggies (no explanation needed there!). I was amazed how quickly the pavement had dried and didn't fathom that in that short time it could be that hot for my poor dog! It's been sunless for a week now... not raining the entire time but no SUNSHINE. Poor Paycee was pretty hot because all though the air was cool the pavement was throwing a surprising amount of heat and therefore panting to cool himself was not terribly efficient. I cut the walk short and headed back home, trouble is we went a new route and my middle name being 'wrong way Robertson' it took me longer that I'd have liked. Since he's too big to carry we walked the last leg pretty slow. Next time - I'll take water, and next time I'll put my hand on the asphalt before heading out on a long trek. Sorry buddy - won't happen again, I promise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can tell by that look in his eye that ol' Paycee was choked at getting hot...but clearly he has already forgiven you too. Who knew it could be that hot when really, it is that cool and unseasonal out there. Happy wanderings on future travels!

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !