Sunday, October 19, 2008

More packing....

Webfetti.comWe're on the move again! Sort, turf and pack - REPEAT over and over. We have a load of stuff that we're hoping the Salvation Army will come and pick up; old furniture and even some new furniture and lots of dishes and stuff!
Funny how when you're moving by Canada Post how brutal you can be when it comes to the turfing part of the process. I mean it's not like they care how many boxes you send but it does cost you; although I'm not complaining because it is cheaper then renting a U-Haul or shipping it by bus. Speaking of shipping by bus I was really disgusted with the people at this end. They didn't seem to know what they were doing so they had me send 3 boxes on 1 weigh bill and the one I wanted insured on the other. Insurance is like $2 - Big whoop right? But by using two weigh bills it cost me twice or three times what it would have to insure the whole lot of boxes. Now here's the part that really cheesed me off: There was 3 people standing up front (one of them the manager) and not once did they open the door for me while I was coming and going with each large box. Needless to say I switched to Canada Post!
Moving by postal service has a very weird feel to it. It's like you've sunk as low as you can on the financial scale and you've now had to resort to CP. Of course if you look at it from a different angle one could say that you are actually quite financially shrewd because you are using them as your movers! Either way it is just weird.
Pam and I are busily packing up the stuff from the living room & kitchen that they aren't going to be needing right soon and putting the full boxes in our now empty family room.

The dogs of course look at all these boxes around in various stages of being packed and look at you as if to say "Oh man are we moving again?" My poor dogs and I have moved so many times it's crazy. This will be our 7th move in 3-4 years. They're very good about it. Naturally though if they knew now that we are going to be driving all the way to Alberta they would not be too happy. It's a long drive and a lot of time in the car each day.

Another chapter developing in our crazy lives!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda you & Pam must B lik 2 farts in a mitt. I can only imagine wat yr going thru. Keep a stout hart, yr in our thoughts. Love you all so mush. Talk soon, Mumxxxxx

Unknown said...

2 farts in a mitt describes it pretty well. But I am getting the hang of this downsizing thing...for every box packed, must give an equal amount of stuff away.
Pare down...arghh!

Lynda said...

Thank goodness the garbage men were feeling strong today and didn't just leave orange stickers on our over abundance of garbage that they weren't obliged to take.

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !