Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chihuahua prints on my dinner plate !


Who'd have thunk it possible? There I was sitting on the chesterfield having just finished my dinner. Paycee, being a good dog, lying at my feet asleep. Olivia was on the prowl. She had hopped up on Paycee's back, which is where she frequently sleeps while we are eating. Tonight though she could not control herself, the smell of Bev's lasagna was just too much to handle and she catapulted herself onto the couch - but she over estimated her jump and landed right on my dinner plate. She was some shocked as she skidded across my plate and landed up on my chest. While laughing uncontrollably I glanced down. There, in the tomato sauce, were little chihuahua skid marks and a paw print. The look on her face was priceless. You'd think she had landed on a hot tin roof. It was not her planned method of attack. She was thinking she would just sit on my lap next to the plate and look at me longingly. Don't know why she bothers because she never gets table food. But I have to give her credit for being persistent. I have had her for 3 years and she still tries.
Good thing it isn't Paycee that launches himself places. Can't imagine 125 lbs landing on my lap and on top of my plate!
I still have tiny little tomato sauce prints on my t-shirt!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was such a riot! Glad you had pretty much finished your supper by the time she made the leap otherwise it could have been a disatrous of noodle proportions! She still looks a little wobbly over it all this morning :o)

Lynda said...

You're so punny !! That's why I love you so much !

Anonymous said...

I think I may have paid to see that! Her expression would have been priceless.
Sue

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !