Friday, April 18, 2008

More spring like weather tomorrow!

Having a start on my farmer's tan in April is very exciting!! Yesterday I worked in the backyard for 5 hours and got a lot done. I think that I am truly solar powered human being.

I dug half of my trench for the French drain that I am making to assist with draining the water out of the back yard. Had to do something before the ducks moved in!! The dogs hate going out to do their business with the grass half under water, especially my big tough Rotty! He, apparently, has very delicate feet!

When my back had had enough digging I raked the lawn, bagged the collective raking debris and then set about spreading pelleted lime on the lawn. Then I dug some more!!

Today was overcast and drizzly so I did a bit of shopping and some housework. Tomorrow the sun is making another appearance so I will tackle the trench some more, and relocate the wood from the dead tree our neighbours chopped down for us, and hopefully rake the front lawn.

Cheers to Ross and Mike for coming over and chopping down our large and very dead tree. And even more thanks to you both for piling the wood into neat piles. Enjoy your Keith's guys and many thanks!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! You were really busy and the yard is looking great! The grass in the back is greening and son enough the swamp will be gone, making for one happy dude Rotty!
Keep up the good work and enjoying the sunshine! And thanks a million for getting on it!

Unknown said...

Wow that trench surely is made out of sticky clay. I think we're going to need a bucket to bail the water out with before we'll be able to get close enough to finish it off. Ick!

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !