Saturday, April 12, 2008

A rainy Saturday

Today I can honestly say that my mind is 4000 km's away. My family and friends are on my mind today, so I thought that I would write about that today. The oddest thing that happens to me, being so far away and three hours ahead, is that I frequently want to call people in the morning. However, that would mean that I would be calling you all way too early, thereby quickly cutting down my number of friends!

Today I have borrowed Pam's brand new office chair! Oh my! It is so comfortable. It makes my $20 Ikea chair not only look like and antique it also explains why it is so damn uncomfortable. It's kind of like sitting on an old wood stump that one might actually use to chop wood on except that if you have really good calf muscles you can make it roll with immense effort. I can see myself saving some money up for one of these chairs. May be I should stop encouraging Pam to fix her computer, because the sooner she does the sooner she will be back up in her office and in her chair! lol

It's a rainy and kind of gloomy day here today but I'm not too bothered about it because yesterday I managed to get the tree's pruned, at long last as well as bundle up last years trimmings that the fencing guy had done. We were afraid that something had taken up residence in the pile of tree debris in the back corner of the yard because the dogs seem to really enjoy giving it a good sniff and paw. But to our relief there was nothing living in there. It looks nice and tidy once again with only one hitch, now there is another large spot where Olivia can get under the fence. She doesn't even have to duck, she can just walk right under! Sometimes having a dog with a 4 inch inseam can be very challenging!

Soon I will be digging up parts of the back yard to put in some drainage areas. Currently the yard is partially under water. We have even purchased and put down sidewalk blocks so the dogs can walk on those to the drier parts of the yard!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You know it is Spring when...the yard work starts and the dogs are gettin' mucky. I just wish that Disney was as clever as Paycee when it comes to staying out of the mud. He got the hang of the sidewalk blocks quite quickly, while I think with her it's more of a fluke.
As for Olivia, that little flibbertygibbet, she and I have had a nice chat this morning and she's promised not to go sneaking off under the fence again. Unless something really compelling catches her eye, that is. It's really hard to say no to her, y'know?

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !