Thursday, March 13, 2008

What do you do when nothing you do is good enough?

I take issue with people that continually and deliberately cut you down. My personality is such that I just try harder to get approval. In the work place this gets very complicated because I refuse to let my work ethic or professionalism suffer as a result of workplace strife.
The harder I work, in an effort to avoid staff interaction, the more flack I seem to get for trying hard. "Why bother, nobody cares" or "What are you stupid?".... blah blah blah.
If the staff could see themselves as a team and see that if we all pulled together the service, animal and client care and reputation of the clinic would be awesome. If that were to happen there would be benefits to the staff too: Pride, accomplishment and most likely increased wages.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's worth it when you feel it's worth it. Try not to base the way that you feel based on what others feel - hard I know, but hopefully that will help you to cope until, you know, plan B starts. :o)

About Me

My photo
Dog's, Dog's, DAWGS! They show us how to be honest with ourselves, non-judgmental and to forgive quickly !